Facebook is at it again.
It’s tinkering with its mobile pages and has launched a new design. Increasing number of people are logging into Facebook through their mobile phones. This scenario had the social network thinking that the mobile pages need a makeover and appear the way people look for information on their mobile devices.
A brand’s Page is its Facebook identity. The new design makes it easier for brand fans to interact with Pages in an efficient and useful way.
So what does the new Page design mean for people and businesses?
For people, it translates to:
- A cleaner, simpler look: Better Page layouts that accommodate mobile viewing
- More relevant information up front: Facilitates people in viewing the most relevant information like locations and photos at just a glance
- Streamlined and prominent ways to interact with Pages: This includes actions such as Like, Call, Message and Share which will now appear at the top of Pages
For Page owners (businesses), the new design means:
- Pinned posts appear higher: Page admins can pin important posts which includes offers and videos from their desktops. Such posts are displayed front and center when Pages are viewed from mobile devices.
- More ease in mobile management: Page admins can easily switch between public and admin views from their mobile Pages/devices
These updates are now rolled out on mobile browsers and Facebook’s iOS app. They will be available on the Android app soon.
Page owners needn’t do anything to prep their Pages for these updates except making sure that the information presently listed on their Page is updated.
To know more about these updates, click here.