Google’s Webspam team head Matt Cutts made a bunch of search and webmaster announcements at the SMX Advanced conference on 12 and 13 July 2013.
Here are the highlights of the announcements:
- Google is currently rolling out a new algorithm to target more spam industries and ‘illegal’ SEO and linking tactics used by them.
- Matt Cutts confirms Google’s Panda updates are rolled out monthly and run over a 10 day period.
- Google Webmaster Notifications will not show example URLs – Most, if not all, of the manual penalty notification emails from Webmaster Tools will include a few examples of the problem which will help webmasters understand what they need to search for to fix their problems.
- Google will also be adding a ranking factor to mobile search results based on the site speed time of your mobile web pages.
- New Structured Data Dashboard in Beta – Google has launched a new structured data dashboard in Google Webmaster Tools that lets you see errors and reporting on your webpage’s structured data. You can sign up for the beta here.