Marketers these days feel the pressure of managing and keeping track of multiple marketing tasks and workflows on multiple channels and platforms. Any marketer worth his salt will admit that managing multichannel marketing execution is like juggling with balls of glass. You cannot afford to drop any of them lest you end up causing irrevocable damage.
With a rising number of marketing channels and platforms, it is becoming next to impossible to manually keep track of every campaign on every channel. It is no wonder, then, that the number of companies adopting Marketing Automation is growing at a rapid rate.
For the uninitiated, Marketing Automation is a technology that helps automate marketing management and customer engagement. It executes all marketing campaigns across platforms and channels so that organizations can increase operational efficiency and grow revenue faster. This multitasking tool can be used to automate everything from direct mail and phone campaigns to online and social initiatives, from nurturing your leads to identifying cross-sell and up-sell opportunities.
Marketing Automation can also be effectively used to measure the success of a campaign against the desired results you establish and then use that knowledge to better future campaigns.
If you have ever wondered about how some organizations successfully and efficiently manage their marketing efforts on so many different marketing channels, you know the answer to it now.
Here are some of the most compelling reasons why companies are implementing Marketing Automation:
- To increase revenue by increasing marketing and sales effectiveness
- To gain deeper insight into prospect interaction and boost customer relationship
- To measure performance by understanding marketing ROI and other reports
Let’s see what some of the best analysts have to say about marketing automation:
- According to Raab Associates’ recently released Vendor Selection Tool (VEST) report – Revenues for marketing automation systems will grow by 50% to reach $750 million in 2013. Which means that over the coming years many of you will begin using marketing automation
- According to Forrester, only 21% of top players do not utilize automated marketing campaigns
- Raab Associates estimates that the top four specialist vendors — Eloqua, Marketo, Infusionsoft and HubSpot — are projected to account for $380 million
- According to the IDC 2013 Marketing Planner, marketing automation investment takes up 3.1% of programs budget and 1.6% of staff allocations at large technology companies
- According to the new Pardot report, State of Demand Generation, a quarter of all B2B Fortune 500 companies are already using marketing automation, along with 76% of the world’s largest SaaS companies
- Further, according to Nuclear Research, 95% of companies have been reported benefiting from marketing automation
Does that make you consider Marketing Automation for your business, but you still want to know why you should use it? Read on.
No matter who you are, B2B, B2C or B2G (Business to Government), marketing automation is imperative to your business regardless of how big or small your business is or even what its nature is – it is one of the most important and powerful technologies you can invest in.
Here are the key reasons why you should invest in marketing automation:
- High performance and High conversion rates guaranteed: It enables marketers to work faster and more efficiently and takes care of the repetitive, mundane tasks, allowing marketers more time to focus on new business goals with more precise targeting and tracking.
- Gathering Valuable Information: We all know a prerequisite to effective marketing is to completely understand your customer’s psychographics. With marketing automation you don’t have to limit yourself to simple demographics. You can target leads according to how they interact with your web site or how they respond to your campaigns.Backed with such customer details, you will gain an accurate picture of your customers’ wants and needs, resulting in more effective campaigns over time. One can hardly go wrong with the right marketing strategy designed to reach out to the right target audience, on the right channel/platform, with the right message.
No doubt, this tool will bring your business out of dark ages of marketing. Listed below are some of the essential marketing processes that marketing automation can help you with:
- Lead generation
- Demand generation
- Lead nurturing
- Lead scoring
- Sales effectiveness
- Lead management
- Lead qualification
So, does that mean that you can rely on Marketing Automation to execute, analyze and measure all your campaigns while you sit back and watch the results self-generate?
You wish! To deliver value your goal should be to integrate right processes, skilled people, strong content and data to achieve maximum effectiveness. It is really the marriage of marketing automation and a foolproof marketing strategy that will help you gain market visibility and productivity.
All in all, ensure your campaign planning, content management and marketing strategies are cleverly designed by optimizing the gift that is Marketing Automation.